• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Enhancing Coffee enemas

CFSTheBear

This is not to dissuade anyone from their own experimentation, but I do think that there is a responsibility to point out the potential harms of treatment and lack of research in the topic. Quoting from Healthline:

There’s no scientific evidence that proves or disproves that coffee enemas are helpful to treat any medical condition. Evidence for or against the use of coffee enemas is mostly anecdotal. In mainstream medicine, colon cleansing is considered unnecessary because your body’s digestive system is capable of getting rid of waste, toxins, and bacteria on its own.

The theory that colon waste is toxic to your body is known as autointoxication. According to a 2014 article published in The Journal of Lancaster General Hospital, there isn’t any evidence to support this theory.

Potential harms:

There’s some evidence to suggest that coffee enemas may be harmful. According to the National Cancer Institute, three deaths reported in literature appear to be related to coffee enemas. One may have occurred due to bacterial infection, although this couldn’t be confirmed. Two other deaths occurred due to electrolyte imbalance.

You’re likely aware of this, but I think it’s important to note so that people can make an informed choice about their health.

Wayne

There’s no scientific evidence that proves or disproves that coffee enemas are helpful to treat any medical condition.

I appreciate your cautionary notes, but I would like to add a little context. There's actually a 1922 New England Journal of Medicine article highlighting how coffee enemas are helpful for depression. -- As you can see, somebody can say there is or isn't scientific evidence for just about anything, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's true.​

According to the National Cancer Institute, three deaths reported in literature appear to be related to coffee enemas.

I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case. Doing any kind of enema, or inserting anything in the rectum always has the potential to cause serious problems if not done hygenically correct. To put those 3 deaths in perspective however, estmates are that 15,000+ people die annually from complications from colonoscopies. -- Can you imagine the outcry if 15K people died from an herb, supplement, or some other kind of non-conventional therapy?​

gettinbetter

Hello All
I have been taking NAC 1200 mg on an empty stomach followed by a CE held for 25 min for about two weeks now this has helped my energy levels and strength quite a bit without hyping. But lately this protocol is giving me heart pounding. I am wondering why it is starting now after doing the same protocol. I wonder if I am getting saturated with gutathione and need to take less NAC or maybe reduce the holding time of the CE

Any suggestions ?
Thank You

gettinbetter

Hello All
Taking NAC on an empty stomach a couple hours before a coffee enema really helps me to feel good
I was wondering what positions give you the best benefit ... on your back ... right side left side?
Also how long do you hold it?

Thanks