• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

“Emerging Options for Autoimmune ME/CFS”: Scheibenbogen at the 2021 IACFS/ME Conference Sep 16, 2021

SWAlexander

Excerpt:

In her “Emerging options for Autoimmune ME/CFS” presentation, Scheibenbogen laid out the case for an autoimmune cause of ME/CFS in at least a subset of patients. There’s the infectious trigger (often EBV – a stellar autoimmune disease trigger), evidence of increased family histories of autoimmunity, and study results.

Scheibenbogen’s been focused on B-adrenergic, M-acetylcholine, ATI and ETA receptor autoantibodies. She hastened to note autoantibodies, including the ones she’s looking at, can have positive effects. These are natural autoantibodies – they’re found in everyone, healthy and non-healthy alike – and at the right levels they’re helpful, but in some diseases, they’ve been shown to produce problems.

A recent study assessing endothelial functioning suggested blood vessel problems may be common. Endothelial functioning refers to the ability of the endothelial cells to vasodilate, or enlarge, the blood vessels. Inadequate endothelial functioning potentially means reduced delivery of the blood to the muscles, brain, etc. The study found that was reduced in about half of ME/CFS patients, and people with worsened endothelial function had more severe disease.

They certainly seem handmade for ME/CFS. They can vasoconstrict the blood vessels, causing the release of vasodilators and pain-enhancing subjects such as bradykinin, and ultimately reduced blood flows to the muscles, the brain, as well as leakage from the capillaries and low blood volume.

Read more at: https://www.healthrising.org/blog/2...tions-chronic-fatigue-syndrome-scheibenbogen/

SWAlexander

I really like this woman, I do! But it's unacceptable that she always forget to mention the pwME who got WORSE with Ritux and immunoadsorption

In her YouTube lecture (sorry only in German) she elaborated on both.
1631875034460.png