• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Egg whites suddenly taste odd, metallic like, cant tolerate them. Urine smells the same as they taste. Dehydration symptom clue?

Replenished

I've posted a number of times here about my ongoing struggle with constant dehydration. I've noticed some things recently and wondered if it might provide any clues. Egg whites have recently become vile tasting to me after previously eating them every day. The yoke seems ok. The whites, to me have a metallic like taste but it's difficult to describe. My urine also seems to smell very similar to the taste I get from egg whites. Is my body trying to dump something out that may be highly concentrated in egg whites? Hence causing ongoing dehydration.

I also have ongoing high creatinine levels in both blood and urine it seems. Any ideas appreciated.

ljimbo423

I've posted a number of times here about my ongoing struggle with constant dehydration.

I am almost constantly dehydrated and have been for as long as I can remember, and I eat tons of salt. No matter how much water I drink, I'm still dehydrated consistently.

I also get weird changes to the taste of food, fairly often. I think these are both ME/CFS symptoms for me.