• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Easy to make liposomal vitamin C - for viruses

Mary

Moderator Resource
There are some other threads on the board dealing with high dose vitamin C and viruses. I recently made my own liposomal vitamin C using an immersion blender and ascorbate acid crystals and lecithin, and it seems to be knocking out a viral sinus infection I've had for months. I originally tried making it using the jewelry cleaner method last year, but it took a long time to make and wore me and out and tasted really bad. This immersion blender kind isn't bad and seems to work just as well, if not better, and only takes about 7 minutes to make: http://www.hawkeshealth.net/community/showthread.php?t=6456

I'm just wondering if it might help with other viruses we are struggling with, without the harmful side effects of the antivirals. Here's one article: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24793092

And here's a really interesting video about a man at death's door from the flu who recovered through IV vitamin C and liposomal. I tried the liposomal brand shown in the video and it was effective; however, it was very expensive at the dose I needed, and I'm finding that the kind I am making is more effective and it's way cheaper. I've been taking it a relatively short time and want to see if it makes a difference long-term for me. Here's the video:

dannybex

I was thinking about making my own as well, as I'm on disability and have no income, so would have to try to raise funds to pay for anything. But I read the other day that these homemade versions don't really create liposomes. I'm not sure if that's true though, as the info came from the LIvonLabs site, the main manufacturer of Lipoceutical C and glutathione.

???

Anyway, good to hear you're seeing some improvement. :)

Mary

Moderator Resource
I was thinking about making my own as well, as I'm on disability and have no income, so would have to try to raise funds to pay for anything. But I read the other day that these homemade versions don't really create liposomes. I'm not sure if that's true though, as the info came from the LIvonLabs site, the main manufacturer of Lipoceutical C and glutathione.

???

Anyway, good to hear you're seeing some improvement. :)

I am seeing improvement! The LivonLabs product did help, but my homemade seems to work just as well, if not better, at much less cost. I think it's worth trying, if you can find a way to get the ingredients.

ahmo

@Mary, I used footbaths for amino acids and minerals for a couple years. I'm no longer needing those supps, so have not been using them for a few months. Initially I started with them for detox. I've written a blog re my experience, in case you want further info.

Daffodil

the question is the size of the liposomes that are created if you make it at home. i don't know if the liposomes are small enough to be as effective as the store bought liposomal C. also, the taste of the homemade stuff is pretty bad....but its probably a lot better than nothing.

Mary

Moderator Resource
@Daffodil - the stuff I make with the immersion blender doesn't taste too bad. It was the kind made with the jewelry cleaner which made me want to gag. Well, I can't afford over $200 a month for the Livon labs product, and I seem to be doing well with my own, so I'm a happy camper :) I did try Dr. Mercola's liposomal C and it did nothing for me.

Daffodil

@Daffodil - the stuff I make with the immersion blender doesn't taste too bad. It was the kind made with the jewelry cleaner which made me want to gag. Well, I can't afford over $200 a month for the Livon labs product, and I seem to be doing well with my own, so I'm a happy camper :) I did try Dr. Mercola's liposomal C and it did nothing for me.
hi mary. wow i didnt know there was a difference in taste. i used the jewelry cleaner thing and i just couldnt stomach it more than a few times. my stomach is weak now and i drink too much other gross stuff lol

i also heard the mercola stuff is useless.

i am intrigued to hear that you feel the homemade vit C is helping though - thats great!

brenda

I had some lethicin and ascorbic acid put away for emergencies so tried to make some with the stick blender . It went well and l can say that the taste is far better than the ultrasound cleaner method. Have taken my first dose of a tblsp.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
@Mary I was wondering about a blender which I already have. But it's pretty big. The only downside to that as far as I can see is losing a lot because it sticks to the inside.

I had an immersion blender and tossed it when I moved thinking I would never use it

My worthless brain is still trying to process the instructions. How much for what dose etc.

I'm starting with something else per my NP and see how that goes.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
@Mary thanks for the info.

i saw her today. Even went in to her office! (We'll see how big a price I pay the next few days).

I cried it was such a relief to tell someone what was going on and have them get it.

Working on adrenals. She's ok with sodium Ascorbate instead of liposomal for now.

She upper my B5 to 1000. I stopped the glandular because i think it was causing problems.

Now to figure out these slamming headaches. Back to the drawing board.