• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dysautonomia International Online CME Course--TOMORROW 9/17/21

Jyoti

https://dysautonomiainternational.salsalabs.org/dysintlstanfordcme2021/index.html

Some of the brightest minds in this field including Peter Rowe discussing dysautonomia in ME/CFS, Satish Raj and others. Just $20 to register if you don't need the CMEs and videos of the talks will be available to all registrants at a modestly later date.
b0ca4d28-9eea-4794-8b55-ab171d24d6d6.png

Last edited:

Jyoti

I did get to see most of it, @Gingergrrl, though I missed Peter Rowe's presentation, which I particularly wanted to hear. I think I will get the videos in time and be able to see that. I did watch a great deal of DI's annual conference last month and a few of the talks were almost identical, but even there... I picked up a bit more from hearing them again.

Really great presenters overall--I LIKE so many of these doctors and wish I could go see quite a few of them! In addition to being so smart, they are --on the whole--amazingly compassionate. One is himself a POTS patient (autoimmune) who was 100% bedridden for a year, so his perspective was really nice.

Seems to me from my rather limited vantage that there is an increasing focus on three things: SFN, autoimmune dysautonomia, and assessing and treating the ways that dysautonomia manifests in the gut.

Last edited:

Violeta

I hope it's okay to put this question here. I have seen alpha and beta adrenergic antibodies as a cause for dysautonomia resulting in hypertension. What is the cause of dysautonomia with hypotension?

Gingergrrl

Taylor Doherty, UC San Diego

I just Googled him and am posting a link from Twitter re: his lab which contains some of his posts re: Autoimmune POTS. His bio with UCSD says that is an allergist/immunologist and he sounds like an excellent doctor! Thank you for this info @Jyoti!

https://twitter.com/taylordoherty8?lang=en

Can you let me know if the link worked properly?

Gingergrrl

@Gingergrrl The link works. Very interesting!

Thanks for letting me know that it worked! Even though I am not looking for a doctor at present, I am always gathering into for the future and my former allergist/immunologist retired in 2020 :(. This doctor (Taylor Doherty) is about two hours south of me but I had never heard of him before and am glad to know about him!