• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Drug treatment comparison hhv6 [Study] Jan 31st 2022

godlovesatrier

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/1348-0421.12966

This to me looks very exciting.

A comparative study of valaciclovir, valganciclovir, and artesunate efficacy in reactivated HHV-6 and HHV-7 infections associated with chronic fatigue syndrome/myalgic encephalomyelitis

Abstract

The study aimed to compare the efficacy of valaciclovir, valganciclovir, and artesunate in treating chronic reactivated HHV-6 and HHV-7 associated with myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS). From 255 patients with reactivated HHV-6 and HHV-7 infections (blood leukocyte PCR) in 192 cases, valaciclovir, valganciclovir, or artesunate were administered at a dose of 3,000, 900, and 100 mg per day, respectively, for 3 months (study group). The control group consisted of similar 63 ME/CFS patients not taking any antiviral drugs. The significance of differences was evaluated by Student's T-test and the non-parametric criterion – the number of Z-signs. Negative PCR results in HHV6 and HHV-7 treated with valaciclovir was achieved in 26% and 23% (first), 34%, and 28% (second), 37% and 34% of cases (third month), respectively (p<0.05; Z<Z0.05). The same results with valganciclovir were obtained in 35% and 33% (first), 44% and 39% (second), 48% and 45% (third month), but with artesunate – in 44% and 41% (first), 57% and 53% (second), 68% and 63% of cases (third month), respectively (p<0.05; Z<Z0.05). Artesunate is more effective than valganciclovir and valacyclovir in ME/CFS patients with reactivated HHV-6 and HHV-7 infections.
This article is protected by copyright. All rights reserved.

Tagging @Learner1 @Pyrrhus

Definitely going to get me some aresunate now, I am sure I took it in 2019 but not sure I ever took it in the right form or for long enough.

Jose Montoya, M.D. used a similar protocol, apparently with some success on ME/CFS patients. Unfortunately, my daughter was not one of his success stories, perhaps because she most likely didn't have a viral onset.