• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Driving and eating and heat make it worse...for real?

Archie

Heat and Vitamin B 12 deficiency , a sign may need to take a lot more B 12, and maybe all other B too . In general body can lose nutrients by sweating, which is not problem if not have clear nurtional deficiencys

Used to get vertigo after long windy drives. As illness has progressed, now a short drive can make me fatigued.
Today I went in car for about an hour around town. Got out at 4 places. I think the standing up and out of car makes it worse.
Got very fatigued and woozy. Home and rest.
Hi Float,

Writing as a toxicologist, It sounds like you were being poisoned by CO while you were driving, either from your own vehicle or the exhaust of vehicles around you. You are lucky to be alive. CO is the most common cause of unintentional poisoning in most countries and can happen in all kinds of vehicles, including electric.

The best protection is to always carry a personal portable CO detector that displays from 1ppm and alarms instantly at a low level you can set. Home CO alarms in USA are worthless as the UL2034 standard prohibits them from displaying anything but 0 ppm below 30ppm even though US EPA limit is 9ppm average and the more recent WHO Air Quality Guidelines adopted in 2021 recommend no more than an average of 3.5 ppm.

If you can afford a good CO detector, it also can be used to measure the CO you exhale, which by my methods can distinguish the levels diffusing out of your lungs, arteries, veins, and the average of all tissues.

During CO poisoning, these level are all quickly going up, but after exposure ends, they take much longer to come down, causing the CO hangover that is CFS/ME and which may last for years or even decades unless appropriately treated.