• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr Sebelius new HHS budget, are we in there?

citybug

Hi
A couple days ago Kathleen Sebellius was on CSPAn talking about the new budget for fy 2011 with cdc director Frieden and Wakefield. She mentioned patient centered research projects and they spoke about 25 new health centers. I think those are regular clinics. She said they had some money from the Recovery Act before the freeze. Does anyone know if we or WPI is in there? I think even if it were they wouldn't be saying Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. Does anyone know who to ask there?
Anyway I think it is a good time to be asking them again to fund WPI. kdp

jspotila

My understanding is that none of these new health centers woud be CFS-related, despite the CFSAC's renewed recommendation for Centers of Excellence. The CFIDS Association is submitting budget language for FY 2011, and I'll post a link when that is available.