• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr. Rosamund Vallings' book on CFS - where to buy?

Boule de feu

Hi, everyone.
I haven't been around for a little while but I thought I was going to give you an update on my health.

It seems that just as I was feeling a bit better (May 16), my dentist found a mild chronic infection under a root canal I had done many years ago. He had to redo the root canal and gave me Clindamycin to get rid of the infection. Surprisingly, the antibiotics made me feel a bit better. It also coincided with my vitamin D and iron levels getting back to what they should be. I was happy with my new health and things seemed fine until I reacted to a laundry detergent I had used. My son had forgotten to rinse it two more times, and the contact of my underwear onto my skin gave me a really bad reaction. It took me a while to realize what was happening, and by the time I figured it out, it was too late.
On may 26, I ended up with an infection which turned out to be Candida :-(
I believe the allergic reaction triggered the Candida. I'm pretty sure the antibiotics had already caused the yeast to multiply.
Not knowing what was going on, I waited a long time thinking I would get better.
June 11 - I had an emergency appointment with my GP who gave me the bad news: I have systemic candidiasis.

I am so sick now. I feel like I am not going to get back on my feet. It seems that I have relapsed big time.

My spirits are a bit low and I am trying to find a way to cheer up. I thought Dr. Vallings' book would do the trick. Have you read it? What did you think? Where can I get a copy? I live in Canada.

Thanks for your help,
BDF

Jacque

So sorry to hear about your troubles...but Candida is really something you can get under control in time and is a problem for ALL of us with compromised immune systems... It will just take you a little time.. Did he put you on Diflukan?

I have had my struggles too after getting worse with the Rituxan...which has prob caused Candida to get worse which may explain my extreme bladder issues now...

Anyhow I don't know how open you are to things...but I am pretty down on poision medicine right now...and I have a $500 Rife machine which I have run the Candida settings on before and 2 days later have white poo... soooo i KNOW it works...

I have made the decision to buy a much better Rife machine.. Just ordered it today. Google BCX Ultra ... there are Candida stories on there... They are $2,700. I have made the decision to go this route bc all the drugs for the Lyme etc make me soooooooooooo sick ... I will herx with the BCX too but it will be something I can control...and then run the detox settings...

I just thought I would drop you a line bc it sounds like you are feeling hopeless... and I KNOW a Rife machine of some sort would really help you... No doubt in my mind.. I bought my machine from Judy Erwin...she is VERY knowledable and worth a call anyhow...to see what kind of results.. she has gotten... I can't remember her site .. I think it is Bioelectricsforhealth.com or org? It all makes sooo much more sense to me than drugs...

Just something you might want to check out...

good Luck

Pyrrhus

Dr. Rosamund Vallings has an all-new edition of her book coming out:

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Symptoms Diagnosis Management
https://www.nzdoctor.co.nz/article/undoctored/chronic-fatigue-syndrome-symptoms-diagnosis-management
Publisher's synopsis:
A fully revised edition of this internationally acclaimed book provides a timely review of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, the impact of COVID, and the latest research into treatments.

Often known as ‘ME’, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome is notoriously difficult to diagnose and treat, yet its effects are profound, and often prolonged and debilitating.

Dr Vallings describes the process for accurate diagnosis, and clearly explains all aspects of the illness. In separate sections she provides useful strategies for dealing with specific symptoms, as well as positive suggestions on how to cope with the disorder on a daily basis.

In this fully revised edition, Dr Vallings updates the huge body of research into this condition and explains the science and current understanding of the illness. It is particularly pertinent with the emergence of COVID-19 and provides an important resource for ongoing management.

Dr ROSAMUND VALLINGS, MNZM, MB BS

Dr Rosamund Vallings is a leading expert in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/M.E. and has been assisting those with this condition for more than 40 years. Her books have helped thousands of people around the world. In 2008 she was awarded Membership of the New Zealand Order of Merit for services to Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. This book is the distillation of her many years’ experience as a doctor diagnosing and treating this condition.