• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr Robert Rowen on ozone therapy and coronavirus

Ema

All viruses must fuse to your own cells and inject their genetic components to take over your cell, replicate and do damage. Most viruses, if not all, are dependent on the amino acid cysteine to accomplish this process. Cysteine has a molecular “thiol” group. Its formula is SH (as compared to OH, called a hydroxyl group). SH is extremely vulnerable to oxidation (stealing an electron) and if oxidized, it loses its activity.

Our cells have lots of SH active sites, which our cells will oxidize (stripping of an electron) and reduce (adding an electron) to turn enzyme activity “off and on” like a light switch. Viruses require reduced or “active” SH groups to fuse to and invade cells. In other words, viruses require un-oxidized SH.

https://9gurus.com/does-coronavirus...y-leaving-it-vulnerable-to-simple-treatments/

Learner1

I have had UVBI and IV ozone and they were not enough to deal with my herpes family viruses. Not was high dose vitamin C. I have seen patients helped with 10 pass ozone. And, I have had help over time with hyperbaric oxygen. And am cancer free from high dose vitamin C.

These are all very good modalities. I have seen positive info on all of them including coronavirus studies from China saying IV C is effective for COVID-19.

We need a lot of tools in our toolboxes. Even the best chemo drugs fail csncer patients. We are all individuals with unique genetics and environmental factors, so what works on one may not work on another. I like Rowen and believe in his work. I just think we have to be careful to understand that nothing is a panacea. We should understand the theory, and can try, but need to temper our expectations.

IThinkImTurningJapanese

Microbes have failed in billions of years to develop resistance to these oxidants. They also happen to be the foundational germicides we commonly use commercially and industrially for sanitation. Though our bodies naturally produce these powerful oxidants when we are healthy, we can still become overwhelmed and fall ill.

Blood-Flow-In-The-Veins-534x462-1.jpg
Ozone improves oxygen delivery

Ozone therapy has been in use since Nicola Tesla patented the first American ozone generator more than 100 years ago. Modern researchers have been struck by its safety and versatility in promoting healing. Italian, German, Cuban, and other researchers have conducted studies showing that ozone therapy induces the following:

1. Improves oxygen delivery by red blood cells.
  2. Improves red blood cell flexibility to squeeze through capillaries to deliver their critical oxygen payload.
  3. Improves mitochondrial oxygen consumption – meaning more ATP energy is produced in your cells.
  4. Modulates the immune system. This means, if your immune system is unbalanced, ozone will assist in rebalancing it. If it is underactive, ozone will boost it. If the system is overactive, ozone will calm it.
  5. Ozone is lethal to bacteria and viruses as it can literally punch holes in their membranes. Our own cells have abundant repair mechanisms as we are oxygen utilizers, while microbes are generally not.
  6. Ozone reacts with blood products to make downstream metabolites, called ozonides. These are still potent oxidants (though not nearly as strong as ozone) and can hang around for days/weeks. These molecules can serve to attack invaders, but their main action is serving as messenger molecules to activate your immune system.
  7. Ozone and ozonides induce the immune system to make cytokines and interferons. These molecules are “messenger” molecules your cells use to “talk to each other”. Pharma has developed individual cytokines they peddle to patients for megabucks (at great risk), while Italian professor Velio Bocci, MD called ozone, “The Ideal Cytokine Inducer.”

Wally

While the discussion in these two videos does not specifically address treatments to consider for COVID-19 coronavirus, I thought these two doctors views on using a combination or ozone and Vitamin C to treat other infections might be of interest to review.

Dr. Hunninghake

Dr. Levy

Hopeful2021

Hello @Learner1

I just read another post of yours where the Like button has been turned off. You shared about Hyperbariac Oxygen. Oh my, oh yes. It does wonders for me. Glad to read it also worked for you. Has there been a Poll here regarding HBOT?

I just did a 60 min.
My first 15 round of HBOT was 60 min but then my next round was 90min. I liked those more. Now, however with my intracranial instability, 60 minutes is just perfect. My next round, but 10 and not consecutive days, just for touch ups might be 90min.

what time frame did you do? Do you still do it? Hard shell / soft shell.

im also many months into IV nutrients and wow ... what a difference. About month 2.5, I also discovered how zinc was key too.

learning more about corona virus and the cytokine storm had me see nutrients a whole new way. I recently added NAC and more glutathione.
It's really really neat to read your post.

I am an advocate for HBOT of which the research is strong and it is for many, although not in our community, a life saving therapy.

Hope to get to text chat will you sometime.
if of course you are open and have the energy.
Thanks a bunch...!!!! 😁😁😁

Last edited by a moderator:

Learner1

You shared about Hyperbariac Oxygen. Oh my, oh yes. It does wonders for me. Glad to read it also worked for you. Has there been a Poll here regarding HBOT?

I just did a 60 min.
My first 15 round of HBOT was 60 min but then my next round was 90min. I liked those more. Now, however with my intracranial instability, 60 minutes is just perfect. My next round, but 10 and not consecutive days, just for touch ups might be 90min.

what time frame did you do? Do you still do it? Hard shell / soft shell.
I did HBOT 2-3 times a week for 60 to 70 minutes each session in a 1.4atm soft sided chamber. More is not necessarily better.

I found sometimes, I'd get a sick headache feeling which I interpreted as my body saying "Enough" and ended the session. Many other times, I fell into a deep, refreshing sleep and woke up feeling energized.

I'm no longer doing it due yo COVUD-19
im also many months into IV nutrients and wow ... what a difference. About month 2.5, I also discovered how zinc was key too.
IV nutrients have helped me a lot. It helps them get into you better if you do them before an HBOT session.

Zinc and other minerals are important. They are co-factors for many reactions.
Hope to get to text chat will you sometime if of course you are open
Sure, if you have specific questions you want to pursue privately.

Best wishes...

Hopeful2021

Yes.... I understand your caution with HBOT and covid.
I did a hard shell yesterday, but made sure I was in ketosis.
I likely had it end-January as my county was one of first two hit in California, so I worry, don't worry, worry/panic. Testing is such that one just can't know.
Anyway, it's great to hear that from your soft shell HBOT you received many benefits.

ive considered a used soft shell but haven't made real steps to make room for one. In the winter, is when I have most of my severe episodes so if my intuition prompts me to, then likely I will act before then.

Hopeful2021

I did HBOT 2-3 times a week for 60 to 70 minutes each session in a 1.4atm soft sided chamber. More is not necessarily better.

I found sometimes, I'd get a sick headache feeling which I interpreted as my body saying "Enough" and ended the session. Many other times, I fell into a deep, refreshing sleep and woke up feeling energized.

I'm no longer doing it due yo COVUD-19

IV nutrients have helped me a lot. It helps them get into you better if you do them before an HBOT session.

Zinc and other minerals are important. They are co-factors for many reactions.

Sure, if you have specific questions you want to pursue privately.

Best wishes...

Per your suggestion of IV before HBOT....
thank you. I'll try it on my next few appointments of HBOT.

thank you. Yes. Hopefully in the future we can text more about hbot. Currently I'm pretty mentally exhausted thinking about this disease.
New to this forum. Read a lot of information.
plus, my own plan for the coming two months has become murky. As I must keep my brain great, I'm very disappointed in myself.