• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr. Reeves Removed from the CDC's CFS Research Program

A

anne

Reeves is Out.

From CFIDS Association Facebook Page: The CFIDS Association of America ALERT: CDC has announced that Dr. William Reeves, head of the agency's CFS Research Program, will be taking a new position within the agency effective Feb. 14. He will no longer lead CFS research. The CFIDS Association of America and other organizations and advocates have vocally supported a change of program leadership and CDC has responded with this change. More details to follow.

:victory:

CBS

You won't have ...

I can hear it now - "You won't have Reeves to kick around any more..." :D

I always imagined them showing him the door late one Friday afternoon. Isn't that the way that all dismal failures are kept out of the news cycle. Even so...

Yes! Yes! Yes!

http://www.facebook.com/CFIDSAssn?ref=mf

hvs

Um, sorry folks with celiac disease: Reeves is about to attribute it to sexual abuse.

R

Robin

wow, I almost choked on my dinner! (spinach stuff eggplant, delicious btw) Advocacy: ask and eventually you shall receive. Thanks, CAA!

Any word on who will be replacing him?

CBS

I can hear it now - "You won't have Reeves to kick around any more..." :D

I always imagined them showing him the door late one Friday afternoon. Isn't that the way that all dismal failures are kept out of the news cycle. Even so...

Yes! Yes! Yes!

I posted this on the other reeves is out thread (apparently one just isn't enough)

T

thefreeprisoner

OH MY :eek:! Wheeeeeeeeee!

I have got to give CAA a massive :thumbsup:
I want to put on my :birthday hat: and hold up a massive bunch of :balloons:

To everybody on this forum who was part of this happening: :Sign Good Job:

Now, go and give yourselves some well-deserved :sofa:

Rachel xx

Quilp

wow, I almost choked on my dinner! (spinach stuff eggplant, delicious btw) Advocacy: ask and eventually you shall receive. Thanks, CAA!

Any word on who will be replacing him?

Simon Wessely.......? :)

Reeves has fled to pastures new; the Tora Bora mountains of Afghanistan await. A reporter that managed to catch a few words at JFK airport reported as hearing Reeves say, 'if the tall bearded one can escape the clutches of a hundred thousand American GI's, i'm pretty sure i can elude the moderators of the Phoenix Rising Website. It's a difficult task, but so is living in a semi-detached cave for the next twenty years' as he munched on a half eaten kebab, donned a yellow tuban and draped himself in his wife's living room curtains.

T

thefreeprisoner

Hold on a second.
This man has - from what I can tell - most likely been booted out after the CDC saw the preliminary results of their XMRV trial which according to Judy M is producing some great figures.
Reeves talks on the phone a lot to Peter White.
Maybe Peter White will realise what is coming to him.

We can only hope...

T

thefreeprisoner

Note the words "Chronic Viral Diseases Branch".
In your face NICE!

K

Katie

Ok, I can't type the first words that came into my head upon reading this thread as I'm pretty sure I'd get done for swearing that exuberantly but gosh this is good news.

Now, who fills his shoes? Can we lobby this position in anyway? Any candidates? Oh wait, what will be the definition for CFS if XMRV becomes XAND? This has the potential to be seriously bad for XMRV- folk if we become separated. Eeek, I'm nervous but still happy that Reeves is finally out of the picture, I wonder what sunk the boat?

Dr. Yes

Shame on You
From the CAA Facebook page, this is the part that made me choke:

"Dr. Reeves will begin an assignment as Senior Advisor for Mental Health Surveillance in the Public Health Surveillance Program Office"
I'm not sure what that means, but it sounds very, very appropriate.

kat0465

Ok, I can't type the first words that came into my head upon reading this thread as I'm pretty sure I'd get done for swearing that exuberantly but gosh this is good news.

Now, who fills his shoes? Can we lobby this position in anyway? Any candidates? Oh wait, what will be the definition for CFS if XMRV becomes XAND? This has the potential to be seriously bad for XMRV- folk if we become separated. Eeek, I'm nervous but still happy that Reeves is finally out of the picture, I wonder what sunk the boat?

Katie, it's time to put on your red bottom shoes and dance a Jig!!!!i KNEW people would start to wake up!!! YIPPEEEEEEE:victory:Victory