• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr. MONTOYA fired in Stanford!

Status
Not open for further replies.

IThinkImTurningJapanese

And we will never know the true reasons.

We might do just that.

only loose claims that sound like an accusation of sexual harassment ... I can not believe that!

It did sound purposefully ambiguous, anything for attention. I think he deserves more respect than that.

I am extremely grateful for what Jose Montoya has contributed to the understanding of this illness and willing to check the facts before judging this situation.

ljimbo423

I am extremely grateful for what Jose Montoya has contributed to the understanding of this illness and willing to check the facts before judging this situation.

I feel the same. Until I've heard clear evidence of what Jose Montoya was suppose to have done and his side as well. I will remain open minded about this.

Daffodil

cfs is cursed. no wonder no one wants to research it. so many who do end up with their careers ruined.

having said that, what on earth could he have done that was so bad as to warrant this?? this is extreme. they have to know there will be a lot of publicity and explanations demanded

I’ve seen other doctors at Stanford who were not too friendly to mecfs. The question is whether there is someone else to lead the Stanford mecfs clinic. Unless I am mistaken Dr Montoya was in charge of it.

I remember him explaining in a video that one of the ways he’s been able to continue doing research on ME is by continuing to publish research in his other research specialy. So he’s the one who has been really protecting the research and leading the clinic.

My information could be incorrect. I am severely ill and time online limited. Please correct me if I am mistaken.

Cort

Phoenix Rising Founder
I’ve seen other doctors at Stanford who were not too friendly to mecfs. The question is whether there is someone else to lead the Stanford mecfs clinic. Unless I am mistaken Dr Montoya was in charge of it.

I remember him explaining in a video that one of the ways he’s been able to continue doing research on ME is by continuing to publish research in his other research specialy. So he’s the one who has been really protecting the research and leading the clinic.

My information could be incorrect. I am severely ill and time online limited. Please correct me if I am mistaken.
Interesting - I didn't know he had to publish in toxoplosmosis or whatever it is to keep going. There is another doctor I believe at the clinic

Interesting - I didn't know he had to publish in toxoplosmosis or whatever it is to keep going. There is another doctor I believe at the clinic

Yes he said he had to continue to publish on the other issue in order to maintain his reputation & standing that in turn allowed him to then continue his ME research.

There’s another doctor at the clinic but he is new, Dr Hector Bonilla. I am scheduled to see him for an initial appointment. There are also PAs there. I read that Dr Bonilla was someone Dr Montoya personally knew and recruited to work there.

I am just not confident the clinic will survive without Montoya, and definitely not the research.

Moof

Why haven't the many female accusers, or even just a few of them, or just ONE, come forward publicly?

They may be starting legal proceedings. We also have to understand that going public in sexual misconduct cases (I'm generalising – I have no knowledge of what has happened here, and make no comment on it) often means a major invasion of privacy, including potentially laying themselves open to vindictive internet trolling. Many women understandably don't wish to subject themselves to this, and they may also want to take time to consider the potential impact on their families, their mental health, their future careers, etc. It's an extremely difficult decision, and each individual must do what's right for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.