• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr. Koroshetz requesting grant proposals for ME/CFS on Twitter 4/13

Diwi9

Administrator
In a telebriefing in March, Dr. Koroshetz stated the following in response to a question:

"Thank you very much. Yes, I hope that COVID doesn’t lead to an increase in ME/CFS, but I suspect that, as the caller mentioned, it’s something that we should be prepared for

Unfortunately, at this point, we don’t have a preventative therapy. And then, I’d also add that the intramural program in ME/CFS is looking particularly at folks who develop symptoms after characteristics of a viral infection.

So, this idea of a viral infection - infectious mono, Lyme disease, for instance - triggering immune response that then goes on to ME/CFS is front and center in folks’ minds. But we always hope that it won’t happen with COVID-19, but I think we, as you mention, we should be ready for that."

Rufous McKinney

and the LA Times ran an article yesterday about ongoing problems for patients being multi-systemic

Was able to read this link (not NYT).....

Love this new term! “I think there will be long-term sequelae"

I guess we could call all the drama we experience with ME, we could call that a Sequel!