• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr David Tuller to give a talk in Oxford Oct 19th: ME and the UK Medical Establishment

Countrygirl

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/davi...-uk-medical-establishment-tickets-70094886693

OCT 19
David Tuller - Discusses M.E./C.F.S and the UK Medical Establishment.
by OMEGA, Oxfordshire M. E. Group for Action.

Description

David Tuller is a senior fellow in public health and journalism at the Center for Global Public Health, an arm of the School of Public Health at the University of California, Berkeley. He was a reporter and editor at The San Francisco Chronicle and has been a frequent contributor to The New York Times and many other publications.
For the last several years, he has investigated the seriously flawed research, much of it from the UK, into the illness or cluster of illnesses variously known as ME, CFS, ME/CFS and CFS/ME, among other names. His work has helped trigger international concern about the conduct and reporting on research in this domain of inquiry.

In this talk he will discuss his latest activities, findings and thoughts about the UK medical establishment, how ME/CFS and MUPS* patients are treated/mistreated and explore the reasons why.
*Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Medically Unexplained Physical Symptoms.

ACCESSIBILITY:
There is plenty of FREE parking* on site including 6 for blue badges, lobby has chairs and a mini Costa, short corridor to room, level access, room alongside for resting, and toilets nearby. No 6 bus for Wolcercote stops below the hotel entrance so a bit of a walk up/downhill on return. If you have queries, please do be in touch: enquire.omega@gmail.com

* IMPORTANT NOTE: YOU MUST REGISTER YOUR VEHICLE AT RECEPTION TO HAVE FREE PARKING OR YOU WILL GET AN EXPENSIVE FINE.

Last edited by a moderator: