• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr David Tuller:Some Thoughts About an Upcoming article (Here comes the backlash!)

Countrygirl

http://www.virology.ws/2019/01/31/t...6Lqk0MP8kiFTisdGK_2p1GJuYZ3gWLJfn-SIhN7C_inyU

Trial By Error: Some Thoughts About an Upcoming Article
31 JANUARY 2019
By David Tuller, DrPH

A major news organization is preparing to publish what seems to be a piece about me and my work. The piece also seems to be focusing on the narrative that dangerous and irrational patients are running rampant and threatening eminent scientists. The journalist—one of the many BFFs of the Science Media Centre among the UK press corps—could suggest that my work is somehow enabling horrible behavior.

I also presume the article will focus not on the substance of my criticisms but on some of my strategies–like tearing up published papers in public presentations, sending multiple e-mails to researchers in my efforts to seek comment, or disseminating my concerns widely to public health officials, journal editors and others. I expect that it will convey claims from some of these researchers that these strategies are tantamount to harassment.

The piece is likely to include anecdotal accounts from patients who say they got better through CBT, GET and perhaps even the Lightning Process, and could suggest that my work is depriving people of the opportunity to obtain treatments that they want and need. As I have said previously, I cannot question people’s experiences of improvement or recovery. But we generally do not develop public health policy or clinical guidelines based on anecdotal testimony but rather on the basis of scientific investigation. And the science in this domain is deficient, for all the reasons I have pointed out over the last few years.

SilverbladeTE

first they laugh at you
then they fight you
then you win

but this isn't and never was a fight that could be won by being "Nice" or expecting "science" to sort the problems out
because it's ALWAYS been about people lying for their own benefit, prejudices and as puppets for their masters who have their own agendas.

Last edited by a moderator: