• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr David Tuller: Simon McGrath on Ron Davis on “something in the blood”

Countrygirl

http://www.virology.ws/2019/12/16/t...MdkGE1mVgyATTlT_HUoJ2Qo0rro_yf5YRYlR2_Ibb-Kfo

Trial By Error: Simon McGrath on Ron Davis on “something in the blood”

16 DECEMBER 2019

By David Tuller, DrPH

Simon McGrath provides excellent accounts of research topics at his blog, ME/CFS Research Review. He is skilled at rendering complicated stuff into easy-to-understand prose. On December 10th, Simon posted this update of developments discussed by Stanford geneticist Ron Davis during a recent talk at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine in New York.

In his talk, Davis discussed the latest on the notion that “something in the blood” is playing a key role in the disease–a topic being explored by a number of research teams in addition to his. With Simon’s permission, I am re-posting his overview of the discussion. Since I am incapable of advanced technological maneuvers, I was delighted to find out that I could just copy Simon’s blog and paste it in here, and the graphics would reproduce here as they appeared there. Whew!

Latest from Ron Davis: more evidence of “something in the blood”

Dr Ron Davis recently revealed more evidence supporting the idea that there could be “something in the blood” that drives ME/CFS.

He’s been on a tour of the US East Coast, winning over scientists and clinicians, one lecture hall at a time................

Last edited by a moderator:

Treeman

It's considered there are many unknown auto antibodies circulating in the blood and I would keep an open mind that there are still unknown cytokins too.

Immunoglobulin therapy has shown to reduce fatigue. It's believed it neutralises any nasties in the blood so reducing fatigue.

The whole of medicine ( not just ME/CFS) research will take a long time to find out what is circulating in the blood.