• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr David Tuller: Prof. Edwards' Letter to BMJ's Dr Godlee about the LP Study

Countrygirl

http://www.virology.ws/2019/06/03/trial-by-error-professor-edwards-letter-to-bmj-dr-godlee-a

Trial By Error: Professor Edwards’ Letter to BMJ’s Dr Godlee About the LP Study
3 JUNE 2019
By David Tuller, DrPH

On May 15th, I sent a letter to Dr Fiona Godlee, BMJ’s editorial director, alerting her that a new review in Current Opinion in Pediatrics had highlighted the Lightning Process as an “effective” treatment, based on a flawed study in one of her journals–Archives of Disease in Childhood. The subject line: “a plea about addressing the flawed Lightning Process trial”

I cc-d many people, including Professor Jonathan Edwards, who is currently serving as an advisor to the committee developing new guidelines for ME/CFS under the auspices of the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence. A couple of days later, Professor Edwards followed up with his own letter to Dr Godlee, which was also cc-d to the same group of people. I am posting Professor Edwards’ letter below, with his permission.

Dear Fiona,

I thought I should comment on the email from David Tuller, copied below. I think David is right to raise this as a matter of serious concern and urgency and I think that those of us who may be in a position to influence things have a duty of care to do what we can. I see this as a safeguarding issue, not so different from that faced recently by senior clergy.

Last edited by a moderator: