• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr David Tuller: My Letter to Professor Chalder about the PRINCE Trial

Countrygirl

http://www.virology.ws/2019/09/16/t...tCsM82G3P33TCp0diN6qadSPOUoovAOZhJ4SIbnmhMfms

Trial By Error: My Letter to Professor Chalder about the PRINCE Trial
16 SEPTEMBER 2019

By David Tuller, DrPH
In its efforts to save money, the National Health Service has been expanding the program known as Improving Access to Psychological Therapies (IAPT) by encouraging physicians to refer over all those with so-called “medically unexplained symptoms” (MUS). Under IAPT, the illness referred to as “chronic fatigue syndrome” falls into the MUS category. The program essentially provides CBT and related “rehabilitative” interventions.

Key PACE investigators have been among the leaders in the MUS field, and their trial served as scientific “evidence” to justify the IAPT expansion. Although citing PACE in any kind of authoritative way has become much more problematic in the last couple of years, that hasn’t stopped people like Professor Trudie Chalder from conducting additional problematic trials. The PRINCE trial proposes to investigate whether trained GPs can provide an effective rehabilitative approach to “persistent physical symptoms” (PPS), another term used to describe the phenomenon under examination..................

Last edited by a moderator: