• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr David Tuller: My Latest Letter on the Lightning Process Study

Countrygirl

http://www.virology.ws/2019/05/22/t...vrod8catydPak_WIA-Omm1UFjstz4OidTUH-5C6hp8NQ8
Trial By Error: My Latest Letter on The Lightning Process Study
22 MAY 2019
By David Tuller, DrPH

Those responsible for publishing the dung heap known as the Lightning Process study have failed in their editorial obligations. They continue to disseminate findings that have been tarted up for publication and have taken no further action to correct the medical literature in the eleven months since posting an obscurely located “editor’s note.”

So now things are getting a bit “meta”–I am contacting the editor of Current Opinion in Pediatrics, the journal in which the Lightning Process study was recently cited and the intervention praised as “effective.” I sent the following letter earlier today to that editor– Professor Philip Pizzo, a pediatrician and infectious diseases expert at Stanford University. I guess in medical terms, this might be considered a form of secondary prevention?

Dear Professor Pizzo—

Current Opinion in Pediatrics recently published a review called “Child and adolescent chronic fatigue syndrome/myalgic encephalomyelitis: where are we now?” This review cited an intervention called the Lightning Process–well-known in the UK but not in the US–as having been shown to be “effective” in treating children with the illness, when combined with medical care.

Last edited by a moderator: