• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr David Tuller: My Interview with Melbourne's Dr Don Lewis

Countrygirl

http://www.virology.ws/2019/08/19/t...ucPQg8cz9ei5xZZU3BcFj8QjLrX_ZNGPt-md29LhvaUuI

Trial By Error: My Interview with Melbourne’s Dr Don Lewis
19 AUGUST 2019
By David Tuller, DrPH
When I visited Melbourne in March of last year, I heard a lot about Dr Don Lewis, a local physician beloved by those with ME—or “chronic fatigue,” as Australian patients, scientists and clinicians routinely called the illness, to my dismay. At the time, Dr Lewis was transitioning out of his medical practice because of serious illness. Unfortunately, I did not have the time to visit him. Last month, he passed away.

Emerge Australia, a group based in Melbourne, issued the following statement on July 29th:
It is with deep sadness that we announce the passing of Melbourne ME/CFS doctor, Dr Don Lewis, who died this morning following a long illness.
Dr Lewis cared for ME/CFS patients for more than 30 years. He has touched the lives of many, through his clinical and research work, but also through his dedication and compassion.

We know that he will be deeply missed, and we offer our condolences to his loved ones and to his patients.
His family has released a short statement to the ME/CFS community:
“This morning our amazing Dad passed away into the presence of God after living with a rare form of cancer for years.