• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr David Tuller: My Follow-Up Letter to Professor Rona Moss-Morris

Countrygirl

http://www.virology.ws/2020/02/10/t...1ysOzMDrXb6tetWfGkhDfzGS3BIOVdrEiA6cdtTNIvrtM

Trial By Error: My Follow-Up Letter to Professor Rona Moss-Morris
10 FEBRUARY 2020

By David Tuller, DrPH

Ten days ago, I sent a letter to Professor Rona Moss-Morris of King’s College London, seeking information about the licensing deal involving her web-based program of cognitive behavior therapy to treat irritable bowel syndrome. Since I have not heard back, this morning I made a second attempt to reach out to her and obtain some answers to my questions.

In both letters, I have made it clear that I would be happy to post any response she should send me on Virology Blog–at full length and without editorial interruption from me. I feel now I have done my due diligence in soliciting her input. I doubt I will reach out to her a third time–although I do not categorically exclude the possibility, depending on developments. (The subject line for my latest e-mail: “reaching out a second time about IBS, CBT and Mahana Therapeutics”)

Dear Professor Moss-Morris—

It has been more than a week since I wrote about my concerns involving the Mahana Therapeutics licensing deal for Regul8, the web-based CBT program for irritable bowel syndrome. I have also reached out to Mahana Therapeutics itself, but have not received any response. (I have cc’d Mahana on this e-mail, along with Professor Vincent Racaniello, the Columbia University microbiologist who hosts Virology Blog.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Rufous McKinney

CBT for IBS...its a mad,mad world.

The gut has a brain and it has opinions. Its not entirely independent of those opinions.

But last nite: I simply ate three pieces of lettuce with ....my normal cooked dinner. Thats all. Just a little lettuce.

IBS attack for 9 hours. Wonder if I thought it?