• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr David Tuller: My Follow-up Letter to Mahana Therapeutics’ CEO

Countrygirl

http://www.virology.ws/2020/02/17/t...Fmpjf97FPnkyXM4ND9UVLJkDN1xmClfUkGlcSUb0FCvaY

Trial By Error: My Follow-up Letter to Mahana Therapeutics’ CEO

17 FEBRUARY 2020

By David Tuller, DrPH

Last week, I wrote to Rob Paull, the co-founder and CEO of Mahana Therapeutics, regarding the company’s misleading claims about the web-based cognitive behavior therapy program for irritable bowel syndrome it recently licensed from King’s College London. I have also written to Professor Rona Moss-Morris, the co-lead investigator of ACTIB, the study that road-tested the program, as well as three of Mahana’s prominent gastroenterology advisors.

So far, no one has responded or attempted to explain why Mahana is making unwarranted statements about the efficacy of the program. Presumably the company would like to have regulators in the UK and the US approve the product for public use. If so, it would be smart for Mahana and Mr Paull to be honest in describing what the findings do and do not show. So far, they have failed that test.

Dear Mr Paull–

I have not heard back from the letter I sent last week about Mahana Therapeutics and the licensing deal for the Regul8 web-based cognitive behavior therapy program for people with irritable bowel syndrome. ...................

Last edited by a moderator:
David,
suggest that they employ CBT in the treatment of leukemia !!! The CBT approach as the prime therapy in ME CFS is reckless
We are attacking the insomnia problem in ME CFS . 78% of our patients suffer from unrestorative sleep, we are setting up a study using CBD
DEREK ENLANDER MD

David,
suggest that they employ CBT in the treatment of leukemia !!! The CBT approach as the prime therapy in ME CFS is reckless
We are attacking the insomnia problem in ME CFS . 78% of our patients suffer from unrestorative sleep, we are setting up a study using CBD
DEREK ENLANDER MD
Dr. Enlander (@denlander), I've just sent you a message in a "private conversation." Would you please read it and respond to it at your soonest convenience?