• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr David Tuller: More Calls to Godlee for LP Study Retraction

Countrygirl

http://www.virology.ws/2019/12/02/t...T1Z1dfF7u8Gkv2syWJ-WjF7xst2nhQZH2D_EDbZNlcIP0

Trial By Error:

More Calls to Godlee for LP Study Retraction

2 DECEMBER 2019

By David Tuller, DrPH
Last last month, I resent Dr Fiona Godlee a letter criticizing BMJ’s decision to republish the Lightning Process study with the same findings. The first iteration, in July, was signed by 55 scientists, clinicians and other experts. This version was signed by more than 70 experts and over 60 patient and advocacy organizations. After I sent the previous version, more than a dozen of the signatories followed up with letters of their own to Dr Godlee.

Below are two more recent ones. The first is from my Berkeley colleague, infectious disease professor emeritus John Swartzberg, who is also editorial director of the Berkeley Wellness Letter and BerkeleyWellness.com. The second is from Dr Susan Taylor-Brown, a retired pediatrician at Golisano Children’s Hospital at the University of Rochester.

Dear Dr. Godlee,

Thank you for your efforts in maintaining the high quality of the BMJ. I am a professor in the School of Public Health at the University of California, Berkeley. As editor of the UC Berkeley Health and Wellness Publications, I appreciate how difficult it is to uphold the highest standards of journalistic integrity................................

Last edited by a moderator: