• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr David Tuller: MEAction’s Chronic Illness Survey; Patients’ Research Informs CDC’s Long-COVID Advice

Countrygirl

https://www.virology.ws/2021/06/15/...o1E7bnpT7OvMRUXfhqi6ktiP38n8MjAV_uKPCiDgWW5Pc

Trial By Error: #MEAction’s Chronic Illness Survey; Patients’ Research Informs CDC’s Long-COVID Advice
15 June 2021 by David Tuller Leave a Comment

By David Tuller, DrPH

New survey to assess links between chronic conditions
Jaime Seltzer, #MEAction’s Director of Scientific & Medical Outreach, has been pretty busy lately. This week, she appeared on a panel at the World Health Organization’s Long COVID webinar—alongside no less than the distinguished and always affable Professor Sir Simon Wessely. Seltzer has also just been named to the Independent Advisory Group for Cochrane’s new exercise therapy review. And she recently launched, in cooperation with Dr Mady Hornig, an epidemiologist at Columbia University, the Chronic Illness Survey Adventure (Symptom Cluster Characterization in Complex Chronic Disease), an effort to examine possible links and overlaps between ME/CFS and long COVID, POTS, hEDS, and MCAS.
The survey is incorporating data relating to the key ME/CFS and ME case definitions and will be seeking respondents for a year in order to attain the necessary sample. Seltzer and Hornig recently answered questions about the survey, posted on the MEAction site. Here are some of their comments:....................