• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr DAvid Tuller: Mary Dimmock on the CDC's New Evidence Review

Countrygirl

http://www.virology.ws/2019/07/10/t...mPWUHZ9vNWvsq2nFag-nxaRzhBw7EfHBmObm9q4fJcTVk

Trial By Error: Mary Dimmock on CDC’s New Evidence Review
10 JULY 2019
By David Tuller, DrPH

I have lately been focusing more time and posts on developments in the UK than in the US. I guess that’s not too surprising. After all, this whole project began as an investigation of the PACE trial, conducted by British experts in British health care centers and published in British journals. And there’s so much crap besides PACE to pursue, given the strength of the CBT/GET ideological brigades.

I’m glad that Mary Dimmock and others are keeping up the pressure here. Mary got involved in the issue after her son fell ill several years ago. She has been especially active in prodding US health agencies, and in particular the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, to do their jobs. The article below, about the agency’s new systematic review of the evidence base for ME/CFS treatments, appeared in last month’s issue of the ME Global Chronicle. I am re-posting it in full here with Mary’s permission.

CDC Systematic Evidence Review of Treatments for ME/CFS
Mary Dimmock
June 19, 2019

You may remember that in September 2018, the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) solicited bids to conduct a systematic evidence review of ME/CFS treatments as an update to the 2014-2016 systematic evidence review commissioned by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ)...................................

Last edited by a moderator: