• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr David Tuller: HRA Report Does Not Vindicate PACE

Countrygirl

http://www.virology.ws/2019/02/06/t...ezCRz_Jsfyx1SAtu-dwFKV4QUlMNofR2cAUO1Li86vsOY

Trial By Error: HRA Report Does Not Vindicate PACE
6 FEBRUARY 2019
By David Tuller, DrPH

Last week, I reported that Bristol University had launched an independent investigation of research led by Professor Esther Crawley, at the request of the the UK Health Research Authority. Today, the HRA released a report on the PACE trialthat has portrayed it as a well-conducted study. GET/CBT supporters are portraying this report as a vindication.

In contrast, Professor Bruce Levin, a well-known biostatistician at Columbia, used this choice phrase when discussing PACE–“the height of clinical trial amateurism.” Professor Levin gave a talk last summer titled “How NOT to Conduct a Randomized Clinical Trial,” with PACE as the case study. As I have often noted, epidemiology professors at Berkeley have used PACE in their classes as an excellent example of terrible research. I’ve mostly called it “a piece of crap.”

taniaaust1

Wow how can they even use someone like Esther Crawley to do the independent investigation to which if she reported that study as no good, it would then be a conflict of interest on her own research projects eg FITNET trial and the MAGENTA trial.

I hate to say it but all this is a conspiracy.

Tally

Wow how can they even use someone like Esther Crawley to do the independent investigation

I think you misread that part.

1. HRA told Bristol University to launch an independent investigation of research done by Professor Esther Crawley.

2. HRA also released the report on PACE trial.

Esther Crawley has nothing to do with 2.