• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr David Tuller: Hey BJGP, Where is That Correction About the Care of MUS?

Countrygirl

http://www.virology.ws/2019/06/10/t...c0I7VJkKbHDvh7BuVxWZY-qN9-pc_sfSKbzdup-evzpVY

Trial By Error: Hey BJGP, Where’s That Correction about the Cost of MUS?
10 JUNE 2019
By David Tuller, DrPH

Earlier today (Sunday, June 9th, in San Francisco), I sent the following e-mail to Professor Roger Jones, the editor of the British Journal of General Practice. I first wrote to Professor Jones in early May, seeking a correction to a 2017 editorial about the cost of so-called “medically unexplained symptoms” to the National Health Service. After some back and forth, Professor Jones sent me a message on May 29th that the journal was correcting the error “now.”

I wrote him back and thanked him, including some suggestions about what the correction might include. As of this posting, the editorial remains uncorrected. The British Journal of General Practice is continuing to disseminate what it knows to be false information about an important public health policy issue.

Dear Professor Jones–

On Wed, May 29th, you sent me an e-mail in which you indicated that the British Journal of General Practice was correcting a false statement that I had brought to your attention. That statement, about the cost to the UK National Health Service of “medically unexplained symptoms,” appeared in a 2017 editorial written by Professor

Last edited by a moderator: