• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr David Tuller:British GP Journal Retracts “Opinion” About Lightning Process Written By LP Practitioner 5 March 2022

Countrygirl

https://www.virology.ws/

Trial By Error: British GP Journal Retracts “Opinion” About Lightning Process Written By LP Practitioner

5 March 2022 4 Comments

By David Tuller, DrPH

This week, a journal under the umbrella of the British Journal of General Practice published–and a day later unpublished–a laudatory piece about the Lightning Process from a Lightning Process practitioner. The author, Anna Chellamuthu, is also a GP at Royal Cornwall Hospital. She wrote that the controversial program combining neurolinguistic program, osteopathy and life-coaching cured her daughter of ME/CFS and inspired her to train in the technique herself.

The article in BJGP Life was called “Reflections on NICE, CFS/ME, and the Lightning Process.” It functioned as both a tirade against the new ME/CFS guidelines from Britain’s National Institute for Health and Care Excellence and an advertisement for an unproven commercial intervention. The new NICE guidelines, issued last October, explicitly advise against offering ME/CFS patients the Lightning Process.