• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr David Tuller: Bristol Investigating Crawley Papers.

Countrygirl

http://www.virology.ws/2019/01/31/t...oQaiTU1ogrPKeRIj7FpgjNorrUGkriPVEKS-3L43vsiMg

31 JANUARY 2019
By David Tuller, DrPH

In the last year, I have raised multiple concerns about studies from the University of Bristol with the UK Health Research Authority, among others. The HRA is the National Health Service arm that oversees approvals for research in England; the agency’s role is to ensure that research receives a favorable opinion from an ethics committee before it begins.

Yesterday, the agency confirmed to me that, after reviewing the matter, it has raised questions with University of Bristol officials about a number of these studies and has asked them to investigate the situation. The HRA is now awaiting the outcome of that investigation.

In other words, some of Professor Crawley’s work is now under formal scrutiny. This is a serious inquiry, although of course it is difficult to predict what the results will be, given the sorry history of this whole mess.