• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr David Tuller: BJGP Correction Coming, BMJ Still Stonewalls 11th June 2019

Countrygirl

http://www.virology.ws/2019/06/11/t...STHXmYh3hPAsDrUjP06FWXvr7x-aXuW-HqCX816B7UY3A
Trial By Error: BJGP Correction Coming, BMJ Still Stonewalls
11 JUNE 2019
By David Tuller, DrPH

Today I received an e-mail from Professor Roger Jones, editor of British Journal of General Practice. I’ve been nudging him to correct a false statement in a 2017 editorial about the cost of so-called “medically unexplained symptoms” to the UK National Health Service. The false statement involved a misquotation of a key statistic from a seminal 2010 paper. Professor Jones had promised to make the correction two weeks ago, so I sent him a reminder on Sunday.

He has now let me know that the correction is in process even though it is not yet visible to readers of the website. Here’s what he wrote:................................

Last edited by a moderator: