• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr David Tuller: Another Review Mentions LP and Prompts More Letters 24th June 2019

Countrygirl

http://www.virology.ws/2019/06/24/t...w-mentions-lp-study-and-prompts-more-letters/

Trial By Error: Another Review Mentions LP Study and Prompts More Letters
24 JUNE 2019
By David Tuller, DrPH

In recent weeks, I have tried to bring attention to the troubling fact that a major systematic review of pediatric CFS/ME (as the authors called the illness) cited Bristol University’s Lightning Process study as evidence that the intervention was “effective.” Now another systematic review—this one of mental health outcomes of treatments for kids diagnosed with so-called “medically unexplained symptoms”–has also cited the discredited study, which was published in September, 2017, by Archives of Disease in Childhood.

This new review–“A systematic review of randomised controlled trials using psychological interventions for children and adolescents with medically unexplained symptoms: A focus on mental health outcomes”–was conducted at University College London and has been accepted for publication by the journal Clinical Child Psychology and Psychiatry. The university recently posted an “in-press” version before publication in the journal.

The review includes eighteen studies of a variety of conditions identified as belonging ...............

Last edited by a moderator: