• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr David Tuller: And Another Prebuttal..................

Countrygirl

http://www.virology.ws/2019/02/05/t...VXVYng48uhjPgPo3t2yxpPLfznIHRPewLdkSA12xozPVQ

Trial By Error: And Another Prebuttal…
5 FEBRUARY 2019
By David Tuller, DrPH

Sometimes the best defense is a good “prebuttal.”

I have recently been in a very peculiar position–wrestling with how to respond to the information that a major news organization was about to publish an article examining my work from what appeared likely to be a negative perspective. I have known about this article for a while; the reporter interviewed me in New York in late August. The reporter contacted me, according to the initial e-mail, because he/she was “looking at research into ME/CFS and have come across your name frequently.”

Then, last Wednesday, the reporter sent me an e-mail seeking an immediate response to some final questions, suggesting that the article was finally about to appear. After some consideration and consultation, I decided to jump-start the discussion in advance of the article’s appearance by addressing some of the issues I expect to be highlighted. Although I’ve never “prebutted” a story this way, I’ve also never been in this situation before.