• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr David Tuller: An Australian Exchange with Professor Sharpe

Countrygirl

http://www.virology.ws/2018/11/08/t...CAnRV8_Th9pHmxeGTOj2oW-1QXL8lGtCU_2PX51_0N3RM

By David Tuller, DrPH

Below is an exchange between members of the Australian ME/CFS community and Professor Michael Sharpe. The open letter from patients and advocates was prompted by a tweet this week from Professor Sharpe that many considered offensive. He has since deleted it. This post includes the initial tweet as well as the open letter and Professor Sharpe’s response.

On November 3, Professor Michael Sharpe engaged in the following Twitter exchange:

tweet.png

Mary

Moderator Resource
I must dig out my now ancient psychology textbooks to help me decide whether NPD or psychopathy is the most appropriate diagnosis. :rolleyes:
One of the persons commenting on the exchange between MS and the Australian patients came up with this checklist - I think the shoe fits! (seriously! :nervous:)

This checklist identifies the following as the symptoms and signs of psychopathy:

Superficial charm and glibness.
Inflated sense of self-worth.
Constant need for stimulation.
Lying pathologically.
Conning others; being manipulative.
Lack of remorse or guilt.
Shallow emotions.
Callousness; lack of empathy.

1 – 8 in this link: https://www.healthyplace.com/person...chopathy-definition-symptoms-signs-and-causes

Countrygirl

One of the persons commenting on the exchange between MS and the Australian patients came up with this checklist - I think the shoe fits! (seriously! :nervous:)

Dead ringer, I'd say @Mary.

I think it is impossible to treat.........especially given the patient's lack of self-awareness and delusional beliefs, sadly.

This type needs to be given a very wide berth.