• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr David Tuller : A Second Letter to LP Study's Senior Author

Countrygirl

http://www.virology.ws/2019/06/05/t...crvvdEHC1IsHclmMswIe47ttVPHnLJpPFy0JYbMpHm6_o

5 JUNE 2019
By David Tuller, DrPH

Alan Montgomery is a professor of medical statistics and clinical trials at the University of Nottingham’s School of Medicine. He is also the senior author of the Lightning Process study, which was published in 2017 in Archives of Disease in Childhood, a BMJ journal. I wrote him a letter in January of this year, alerting him to my concerns about the study, but did not hear back. Because a recent review cited this problematic trial in highlighting the Lightning Process as an “effective” treatment for children, I decided it was time to send Professor Montgomery a second letter reminding him about my first.

I sent the following earlier today.

Dear Professor Montgomery–

Last edited by a moderator: