• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr David Tuller: A Reuters Update

Countrygirl

http://www.virology.ws/2019/04/18/t...kh8I-7sSZJVVjXtmSSi1utqpSL5LRpLhIloueCuWirNGw

Trial By Error: A Reuters Update
18 APRIL 2019
By David Tuller, DrPH

Last Sunday, I sent a letter expressing my concerns about Kate Kelland’s recent article to the appropriate person–the Reuters global editor for ethics and standards. After considering the issues, Reuters has decided to add my current academic title to the post and leave everything else as is. I appreciate the first decision and obviously disagree strongly with the second.

I note that the story still refers to me, for some reason, as a “former journalist.” This is false. I am both a currently working journalist and a public health investigator. For some reason, Reuters has determined it is impossible to be both.

I might have more to say about this going forward. For now, I’m posting the letter I sent. (In the actual e-mail, I linked to everything; I didn’t bother to do that here.)

Before posting my letter, however, here’s a brief, irritating “pledge break”–a term familiar to anyone in the US who listens to public radio. In my case, it’s a “crowdfunding break.” As of today, I am now more than two-thirds of the way toward my goal, at 67%, with 12 days left to go.

Last edited by a moderator: