• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr David Tuller: A Curriculum for Treating CFS with CBT

Countrygirl

http://www.virology.ws/2018/06/13/trial-by-error-a-curriculum-for-treating-cfs-with-cbt/

Trial By Error: A Curriculum for Treating CFS with CBT
13 JUNE 2018
By David Tuller, DrPH

Ten years ago, the National Health Service began rolling out across England a program called Improving Access to Psychological Therapies, or IAPT. This program arose out of the notion that many people were suffering from untreated depression, anxiety and other psychiatric disorders. In parallel with that, research suggested that treating these ailments would not only be good for public health but would in turn help restrain overall medical costs. The most common but not the only psychotherapeutic intervention offered by IAPT services is cognitive behavior therapy.

Why is this relevant to people with ME/CFS? Because IAPT is currently expanding its services to serve more people from two specific groups: those suffering from recognized long-term conditions, such as COPD or diabetes, as well as those suffering from the category known as “medically unexplained symptoms.” And for the purposes of IAPT, the illness the program calls either CFS or CFS/ME definitely falls under this MUS category.

alkt

it is heart breaking the number of patients with mental health problems that cannot get appointments/help when they most need it but the n h s in its perceived wisdom wish to waste resources on this fraud/useless bps bs.