• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr Daid Tuller: The Reporter's Questions for Professor Racaniello

Countrygirl

http://www.virology.ws/2019/01/31/t...mLHmyNnxezrxAIuDy-wBXu6USiJmEUT9DkICxsm8BRiZI

Trial By Error: The Reporter’s Questions for Professor Racaniello
31 JANUARY 2019
By David Tuller, DrPH

The reporter writing the story I posted about earlier also contacted Professor Racaniello. Here are the questions asked, and his answers:

Could you please say why David Tuller publishes his blog posts on your site, instead of publishing it on a blog/website of his own?

A number of years ago a retrovirus was suspected to cause ME/CFS. I began writing about the research into this association on my blog and it attracted many hundreds of readers from the ME/CFS community. The posts caught David Tuller’s attention and we began to correspond. Then he asked if he could publish his long analysis of the CDC’s role in the history of ME/CFS on Virology Blog. It made sense to me because many of the ME/CFS patients remained as readers even though the retrovirus association with the disease had been debunked. When he talked to me about publishing his PACE investigation, it seemed like a good follow-up. I also continue to write occasionally on the disease as research emerges.

How would you describe David Tuller’s campaign? Do you support what he is doing?