• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr. Chia

GlassCannonLife

Dear Community,

as I was recently diagnosed with Coxsackie B4 I think of getting in touch with Dr. Chia, as my health is declining (very severe to very very severe; need Ativan for phone).

Does anyone know if he does telehealth and sees new patients?

Thank you,

Martin

Hey Martin, I haven't seen Dr Chia before but I have taken oxymatrine by myself. I got the white tiger brand online.

For me at least it caused some insomnia and reduced my capacity proportionately with dose. I got up to 4 pills a day and then stopped as I never got a fever etc and the fatigue was difficult to handle.

Perhaps you could start on a very low dose considering how severe you are?

All the best

Martin aka paused||M.E.

Hey Martin, I haven't seen Dr Chia before but I have taken oxymatrine by myself. I got the white tiger brand online.

For me at least it caused some insomnia and reduced my capacity proportionately with dose. I got up to 4 pills a day and then stopped as I never got a fever etc and the fatigue was difficult to handle.

Perhaps you could start on a very low dose considering how severe you are?

All the best
Atm I’m more looking into tenofovir or Interferone therapies … I heard that the success rates with Oxymatrine are quite bad

Martin aka paused||M.E.

Hi @Martin aka paused||M.E. ....

I seem to remember reading several posts about something strange going on with Dr Chia, at least I think it was Dr Chia, in terms of lax office personnel and non-return of calls, general non-responsiveness.

Hopefully, someoe better informed will post an update for you here ....
Yes his personal must be horrible

GlassCannonLife

Atm I’m more looking into tenofovir or Interferone therapies … I heard that the success rates with Oxymatrine are quite bad

I think I remember reading that Chia himself found the interferon therapy only gave temporary benefits and was hugely expensive (20-40k or something). I'm not sure if there's a cheaper easier way to take it though.

I wonder if ARA-290 or LDN could help with rheumatoid arthritis issues after discontinuing oxymatrine (if they emerged). I just saw a paper posted by @mitoMAN in the discord on ARA-290 being effective at suppressing anti-nuclear antibody (ANA) levels and generally helping resolve lupus (SLE)- Link. Just thinking out loud though so I could be over-interpreting it's relevance.

Martin aka paused||M.E.

I think I remember reading that Chia himself found the interferon therapy only gave temporary benefits and was hugely expensive (20-40k or something). I'm not sure if there's a cheaper easier way to take it though.

I wonder if ARA-290 or LDN could help with rheumatoid arthritis issues after discontinuing oxymatrine (if they emerged). I just saw a paper posted by @mitoMAN in the discord on ARA-290 being effective at suppressing anti-nuclear antibody (ANA) levels and generally helping resolve lupus (SLE)- Link. Just thinking out loud though so I could be over-interpreting it's relevance.
Im thinking to take LDN again for TH1 and increased NK cells

Hip

And @Hip : is it accurate to say that at this moment there is no reliable treatment for enterovirus. Thanks in advance.

There is no enterovirus ME/CFS treatment which works every time for every patient, but there is a treatment Dr Chia uses which works some of the time: oxymatrine. Dr Chia also uses tenofovir, which again works some of the time, he reports.

YippeeKi YOW !!

Yes but tenofovir + thymidine alpha 1 + Germany = more than 3000k per month. I'm poor. And my insurance doesn't cover anything.
Oh crap !!!

So much for the benefits of a fully-controlled, everything-except-20 mgs-of-VitC-by-prescription-only, medical system. I thought it was better than that, that greater subsidy from the govt for medical expenses was the trade off for a more restrictive, controlled dispensing system.

Silly me.

I'm so sorry @Martin aka paused||M.E. :(:( .....

perrier

There is no enterovirus ME/CFS treatment which works every time for every patient, but there is a treatment Dr Chia uses which works some of the time: oxymatrine. Dr Chia also uses tenofovir, which again works some of the time, he reports.
Thanks Hip for the response. I haven't found any reports on the results of these treatments, and how functional folks become. Do we have an idea? You see, the oxymatrine apparently isn't terribly effective for women, he even told me that in the one call I had with him.