• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr Cheney's O2 toxicity and antioxidants and dif sorts of cfs patients

xrayspex

Dr Cheney and Bell and Myhill and others talk about the mitochondrial problem etc

A simple lay out of Cheney's ideas:

http://www.chronicfatiguetreatments.com/forums/chronic-fatigue-syndrome-f1/topic827.html

I recall he recs caution with antioxidants for some as it may effect the oxygen problem in the wrong way for some. I think there was a big thread about antioxidants at experimetal a year or so ago that was really interesting that showed the possible downside for some cfs peeps with antioxidants.

I feel worse usually on antioxidants like coenzyme q10 etc I want to try acacia because my friend is really losing weight on it but since its an antioxidant I figure might be bad idea in my case.
How many of you think yr the type of cfs o2-prob sort that doesnt feel better on antioxidants and if so would you steer clear of acacia?