• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr. Bells Lyndonville News Out

Cort

Phoenix Rising Founder
Its a rather poignant issue. He sold his practice for 50 cents and is now really retiring (or at least mostly). He'll have more time for ME/CFS study which is, of course, good but the changing of the guard is certainly occurring. Dr. Bell, Dr. Cheney, Dr. Peterson, Dr. Komaroff .... the biggies of the past (and I'm sure I've missed some) are getting to that age. He's always seemed like such a nice guy.

http://www.davidsbell.com/LynNewsV6N1.htm

Tony

Still working on it all..
Yeah, he's one of the champions for sure. Dr Bell has been asked to write a book on Dr Cheney's work on ME/CFS.

http://cheneyclinic.com/cheney-clinic-book/190

"Dr. David Bell has been commissioned by an independent party to write a book on research at the Cheney clinic that it has been engaged in since 2004. There will be emphasis on the clinics work in the field of echocardiography and an in-depth analysis by Dr. Bell of Dr. Cheneys understanding of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome as a low energy adaptation to underlying defects in oxygen utilization which produce problems in redox stability as determined by echocardiography. "

Cort

Phoenix Rising Founder
How about that. I was actually under the impression that he thought diastolic dysfunction was not a big deal in this disease. On the other hand both Dr. Bell and Dr. Cheney both believe mitochondrial problems are paramount. Interesting- thanks. Looks like Dr. Cheney's website is coming along slowly but surely.

"Dr. David Bell has been commissioned by an independent party to write a book on research at the Cheney clinic that it has been engaged in since 2004."

Does anyone know if Dr. Bell actually wrote the book about research at the Cheney Clinic? I have not seen any new books from him in a while.​