• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dosage of Cycloferon

nsdn

Hi.

For Inosine Pranovex we have information about what Cheney, Hyde and Klimas do.

I do not find any guidelines for Cycloferon in the ME / CFS.

Does anyone know?

I can buy "Cycloferon tablets 150mg" or "Cycloferon 5 ampules12.5% 2ml"

Best regards.

Hip

No ME/CFS doctor has used cycloferon for ME/CFS to my knowledge, so there are no established doses.

If you are thinking of using a Russian immunomodulator like cycloferon that induces interferon, check that it does actually induce interferon in humans, as in some cases, it is only mouse studies that show an interferon response to the drug, but that does not necessarily mean it will work in humans.

Tilorone is one such Russian interferon inducer that works in mice, but not humans. See this post.

nsdn

Hip

My view has not changed, and it is possible cycloferon might be helpful for ME/CFS.

But I am just saying that a similar immunomodulator tilorone (Amixin) was shown not to induce interferon in humans, even though it is sold in Russia as an interferon inducer. So that makes me wonder whether the various other Russian interferon inducers actually induce interferon in humans or not.

This study found cycloferon induces an interferon-like substance in mice, but not it rabbits. So cycloferon is animal species-specific. Though this study found cycloferon does induce interferon alpha in monkeys, which helped with cytomegalovirus infection. So that suggests it might work in humans.

Cycloferon also has antiviral effects that are unrelated to interferon. This study found cycloferon has antiviral effects against adenovirus independent to its interferon inducing effects.

In this paper (full text here), which review a large set of Russian immunomodulator drugs, they say:
Cycloferon. Manufacturer: "Polysan", Russia

Cycloferon is a synthetic analogue of Cytrus Grandis alkaloid, stimulates B-cells, macrophages and other cells and tissues to produce almost pure type 1 interferons. It was reported to have up to 100-fold upregulation of beta-interferon gene and 10-fold upregulation of alpha-interferon gene in the human blood samples after administration of Cycloferon without affecting essentially the activity of other genes of blood cells [28].

In the placebo controlled multicentered study on totally 16,000 children and adolescents Cycloferon demonstrated clear epidemiological benefit in the prophylaxis of the influenza and other acute respiratory viral infections with 1.5-2.9 –fold decreased morbidity and 41-90% protection index [29].

Its efficiency was demonstrated in chronic infections of upper respiratory tract too [30]. Specific antiviral activity of Cycloferon against adenovirus type 6 in vitro [31] and herpes virus on experimental herpetic infection was demonstrated [32].

So that in vitro test in human blood samples suggests cycloferon probably does work in humans in vivo. Cycloferon seem to up-regulate interferon beta more than interferon alpha (and this might explain its anti-inflammatory effects, as interferon beta has anti-inflammatory properties).

Note that other names for cycloferon include: 10-carboxymethyl-9-acridanone and циклоферон (name in Russian).

@heapsreal used cycloferon quite a bit, and I think he found it had an anti-inflammatory effect which was beneficial. See his cycloferon thread here. Cycloferon is known to have an anti-inflammatory action.

I tried cycloferon for a very short period of time (a week or so), at 300 mg daily, but did not notice much. However, if you look at Dr John Chia's experiments with interferon treatment for ME/CFS, he gave patients subcutaneous interferon injections for 3 months. So I would guess from Chia's protocol you may need to take cycloferon for a few months before any improvements in ME/CFS manifest.

An alternative to interferon inducer drugs is taking actual interferon. You can buy interferon alpha suppositories from Russian online pharmacies very cheaply. I put some info about interferon suppositories and where to buy them in this post.

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
@heapsreal used cycloferon quite a bit, and I think he found it had an anti-inflammatory effect which was beneficial. See his cycloferon thread here. Cycloferon is known to have an anti-inflammatory action.

I dont have evidence it helps me through its anti inflammatory effects but came to this conclusion as improvements from it happen quickly. I cant remember if its in the thread u linked of mine, but supposedly cycloferon has stronger effects on alpha and beta interpherons which are anti inflammatory and gamma interferon which is minimal supposedly from cycloferon, is said to be pro inflammatory interferons.

Interferons are known to increase nk function. When i was in the griffith university nk function study where nk function was tested every 6 months over an 18 month period. All my tests were very low except one test where i took cycloferon but not to the researchers knowledge, naughty boy, but i wanted to know if cycloferon does effect nk function. The test on cycloferon showed a large increase in my nk function but my nk bright cell function had not changed, bright cell function was what they were finding abnormal in cfsme.

Im not sure cycloferon continues to increase nk function continuously but i found improvements from cycloferon reduced over time. A short break and restarting cycloferon would give me improvements again.

So what id like to know is if cycloferon only increases nk function intermittently?
Also if theres a drug to keep nk function to high normal range continuously would this help mecfsers??
Maybe nk function has to increase while at the same time treating whatever your possible active infection could be from eg herpes viruses, enteroviruses, lyme or mycoplasma etc is needed???

Other non immune/infection related problems need to be treated also like hpta dysfunction and its possible the hpta dysfunction may be the only issue also and apart of the hit and run theory of cfsme. So immune/infection treatments may not work for them.

There were a few people i know who got worse from cycloferon. I can only assume that maybe it had stronger effects on its gamma interferon proinflammatory effects then what happened to me. Another possibility is some type of die off reaction or similar??

I think with the many infections implicated in cfsme, interferons is something that could positively effect many of them. Maybe the anti inflammatory interferons need to be researched further to help avoid the current interferon treatments used in enteroviruses and hep b/c which can make cfsers feel alot worse during treatment.

heapsreal

Hi.

For Inosine Pranovex we have information about what Cheney, Hyde and Klimas do.

Does anyone know?

I can buy "Cycloferon tablets 150mg" or "Cycloferon 5 ampules12.5% 2ml"

Best regards.

I actually found cycloferon on ebay cheaper than some of the different web sites selling it.

My understanding is that cycloferon keeps interferon elevated for approx 48hrs. I was taking 2 to 4 pills monday wednesday and friday. Id even start with 1 pill at first to see its effects. Id take it for 4 to 5 weeks and then take a similar time off. Or id wait until id have a viral crash and then do a 5 week cycloferon course.

nsdn

Thanks to everyone for your replies. ;)

Recently I ordered online Famciclovir 500mg tablets * 90 (reliablerxpharmacy), Inosine Pranobex "Forte" 1000mg tablets * 90 (ebay Poland) and Cycloferon tablets * 50 (ebay Russia). I hope everything arrives to Spain! When I finish trying the LDI I want to try all this.

My profile is clearly viral: CD57 / CD3 percentages in range, C4A in range, no reaction to the Cowden protocol in high doses, etc.

I have positive IGG serologies to Epstein Barr, Cytomegalovirus, Parvovirus B19, Hepatitis A and B, Echovirus, Respiratory syncytial virus, Mycoplasma Pneumoniae, Chlamydia Pneumoniae, Herpes simplex 1, Francisella Tularensis, Varicella Zoster and Coxsackie B.

What order should I take to try Inosine Pranobex, Cycloferon and Famciclovir? I'm very confused :bang-head:

Best regards.

Last edited by a moderator:

pibee

@José Segundo , I am really curious if it will arrive from Russia. What about reliablerxpharmacy, where they ship it from?
I am in Croatia.

is c4a out of the range, my is high, clearly indicating bacterial infection or? They mention it for mold too

I respond to Valtrex now.
Seems I am bacteria-virus combo, Petra dish. (My name is Petra)

P.s. How you got LDI to Spain? from where?

nsdn

Hi.

I understand that C4A can indicate problems with Lyme or mold.

ReliableRX ships from the orient BUT re-tagged in Germany if you lives in Europe. Use the global shipping system of DHL but the country of destination arrives with the national postal company without problem. Before I had Spanish Naltrexone recipes I bought it there.

ENVIO_NALTREXONA_DLH.jpg

On the shipments of eBay Ukraine and Russia I will inform you if they arrive or not. However I understand that if I pay with PayPal if they do not arrive PayPal returns the money. Do you think the same?

Best regards. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

nsdn

LDI is Dr. Laura Alonso in MIP Salud, Madrid. The first consultation is mandatory in person.

pibee

Ow i see. cool. Did LDI help you?

yes mold is my problem I believe, but it's all connected. As Jenn in Unrest said, her mold problems are reduced, but not gone, from Valcyte.

nsdn

No, it has not helped me yet. So far I have tested with a single antigen. It is a therapy that requires a lot of time.

SunMoonsStars

“ All my tests were very low except one test where i took cycloferon but not to the researchers knowledge, naughty boy, but i wanted to know if cycloferon does effect nk function. The test on cycloferon showed a large increase in my nk function but my nk bright cell function had notchanged, bright cell function was what they were finding abnormal in cfsme.”
@heapsreal

Would you share the before and after NK cell function difference in test numbers ?
I’ve only had the overall NK Function Test which is a 3. I your opinion which approach has helped you the most with the NK cell functioning.
If you look on NK cell deficiency medical documentation they use ivig anti virals and other things in research interferon alfa and IL2.
Have you tried Gcmaf to help with this in more indirect round about way.?

heapsreal

“ All my tests were very low except one test where i took cycloferon but not to the researchers knowledge, naughty boy, but i wanted to know if cycloferon does effect nk function. The test on cycloferon showed a large increase in my nk function but my nk bright cell function had notchanged, bright cell function was what they were finding abnormal in cfsme.”
@heapsreal

Would you share the before and after NK cell function difference in test numbers ?
I’ve only had the overall NK Function Test which is a 3. I your opinion which approach has helped you the most with the NK cell functioning.
If you look on NK cell deficiency medical documentation they use ivig anti virals and other things in research interferon alfa and IL2.
Have you tried Gcmaf to help with this in more indirect round about way.?

I will dig out my results later in the day but it was significant difference.