• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Don't Say Nuthin If It Ain't Worthwhile

Ember

"To raise awareness & funds for Invest in ME's proposal for a translational biomedical research centre:"

Published on May 5, 2013

Recorded to raise awareness of the condition M.E (Myalgic Encephalomyelitis ). All proceeds of the track released on MAY 5TH & available on ITUNES & all major download sites will be donated to charity Invest In ME http://investinme.org/. Thanx also going out to http://ldifme.org/ a patient led campaign to raise awareness & funds for Invest In ME'S proposal for a translational biomedical research centre. XXX

This is for all you people out there who make our lives a nightmare, yeah

Don't say nuthin if it aint worth, don't say nuthin if it aint worth worth worth, don't say nuthin if it aint worth, don't say nuthin if it aint worthwhile.

It's like a magnet under the ground pulling ya down till ya on ya knees
Fighting this disease, can't breathe, muscles cease, pain is a pain that you would not believe
And you have the audacity to say I look fine, whatever's going on is going on in my mind
Yeah well come tell me that when I'm flat, laying on my back like a knick knack paddy whack no energy yeah, come see, then you'll pray ya never get M.E

It's like treacle ya trying to run, ya head says go but ya body's saying uh uh
I aint doing that, but I don't wanna wheelchair, my mama's my carer she got alot to bear
I get frustrated angry and cross, I shout at the mainman for the life that I've lost
But that's ok, it's just a bad day, we're all entitled to feel that way
But if I get out I put on a face, walking happy and confident, you won't see a trace
just coz you don't see it, don't mean it aint there, to judge us on that is totally unfair
Come do that when I'm flat, laying on my back like a knick knack, paddy whack, struggling with disability yeah, come see, then ya pray ya never get M.E

Don't say nuthin if it aint worth, (shuuuuuuutuuuuup) don't say nuthin if it aint worth worth worth, don't say nuthin if it aint worth, don't say nuthin if it aint worthwhile.
Don't say nuthin if it aint worth, (shuuuuuuutuuuuup) don't say nuthin if it aint worth worth worth, don't say nuthin if it aint worth, don't say nuthin if it aint worthwhile

It's like being drunk, ya trying to talk, ya words get slurred and ya stagger when ya walk
Memories bad, it happens alot, go to say something an.............................I forgot
It's really kinda weird like a brain malfunction, there's people out there who've come to the assumption, we're making it up, putting it on, needing attention and that's why it's done
Yeah well come tell me that when I'm flat, laying on my back like a knick knack paddy whack,
& It's hurting to breathe, yeah come see, then ya pray ya never get M.E.

It's like waking up everyday feeling as though ya dying
Tha worlds hating on ya & theres no way of replying
To tha media attacks from tha hacks that haven't got a clue
creating hullabaloo
Nuthins ever changing, ignorance is rife
Its just words to you, but its... our... life

It's like half a dozen people sitting on ya shoulder, aching all over, gonna throw up
Heads all dizzy, insides fizzy, knock, knock, knock, but the doors are shut
No concentration, all spaced out, welcome to M.E and what some of it's about,
And if you don't believe that when I'm flat laying on my back like a knick knack paddy whack,
No energy, coping with disability, & its hurting to breathe, and you still can't see? Just pray ya never get M.E.

Don't say nuthin if it aint worth, (shuuuuuuutuuuuup) don't say nuthin if it aint worth worth worth, don't say nuthin if it aint worth, don't say nuthin if it aint worthwhile.
Don't say nuthin if it aint worth, don't say nuthin if it aint worth worth worth, don't say nuthin if it aint worth, don't say nuthin if it aint worthwhile.

Ember

Mama Chill talks to Kate Lismore about battling ME and channelling her experiences through rap music
STACY Hart, aka Mama Chill is used to working hard to achieve her goals. After being diagnosed with myalgic encephalomyelitis (ME) 22 years ago, she has battled her illness, channelling her experiences through her music.

Now she is set to release a charity single, Don’t Say Nothin if it Ain’t Worthwhile, in aid of charity Invest in ME.

Coinciding the release with ME Awareness Month, Mama Chill, from Watford, is hoping the single will raise enough cash for the organisation to establish a research centre for patients to learn more about the disease....

Mama Chill’s new single, Don’t Say Nothin’ if it ain’t Worthwhile is available to buy on iTunes, from May 5.

Nielk

Rap music???? As soon as I put the video on, my brain feels it's on fire. This is definitely not music for those who are noise/sound sensitive. Then again, if it promotes awareness and has a chance to raise funds, who am I to argue.