• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dont know what to do next after lot of treatments - every opinion is welcome! CFS/Inflammation

godlovesatrier

Yes but it's the prodrug form. So it's better.

As long as you watch your kidney function and drink plenty of fluids you should be ok. Increased myalgia is a sign of response to treatment with valtrex as is worsened brainfog an hour after dosing. I know for a fact that my Dr treated someone who has high vzv titers with valtrex in the UK. They got sick after getting COVID.

Davsey27

@vision blue Hi, thanks for your opinion!

Im most interested into this part:

That's exactly what my immunologist thinks! She is concerned that it is now impossible to determine exactly if I have reactivations or not. Therefore, she wants to stop the immune system overreaction first - and that seems quite reasonable to me. This is also why I tried hard to get Rapamycin.

I trust the lab my immunologist use. But now I do some more testing on my own in one German lab and also Tickplex Plus kit is on way to me.
We'll see if everything confirms.

To be honest - I'm already tired of testing for pathogens when see how my immune system behaves!

You mentioned you have Mthfr,have tested positive for Lyme and are having these reactived ebv titers but not getting much benefit from anti virals

It may be that the viruses are downstream from a toxicity terrain in the body and that you have a subtype that is good part related to environmental toxicities,particularly mold,chemicals and a leaky gut

Ermi or hertsmi-2 test is most accurate for mold as well as going to a location that feels clear for sometime [beach,forest,desert]and then going back to your house and noticing if your more symptomatic

I know Ron Davis recently came out with a video that found 50% of patients testing positive to myelin antibodies and looking into MS treatment
[Which ebv is involved in,as well as epigenetics and the environment is also involved ]

It may be that ME is more than one thing for many