• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Donate £1 to Invest in ME Research

Jo Best

This is part of the crowdfunding done by patients in support of the charity Invest in ME Research.

The original idea posted on Facebook by Ruth Gilchrist for One Day – One Pound was for as many people as possible to donate just £1 on May 12th International ME Awareness Day to show support for the charity's work and to help raise funds for their biomedical research strategy to establish tests and treatments for ME.

It was adapted as a montly reminder of the ongoing fundraising so I thought I'd share it here.

Every £1 makes a big difference to Invest in ME Research - it's a small charity run entirely by volunteers working in their own time all year round so there are no staff salaries or overheads.

They are now well known for their international biomedical research conference events held each year in London since 2006, but they are also establishing a UK Centre of Excellence for ME, and they campaign for change in the way that ME (ME/CFS) is perceived and treated across UK and internationally.

Donation options listed below include PayPal, Bank Transfer, Cheque, or the fundraising platforms JustGiving, Big Give, and BT mydonate. There's also JustTextGiving for UK.

Gift Aid is an extra 25% of your donation from the government if you are a UK tax-payer, so please tick the Gift Aid box when you donate if this applies to you, or complete the Gift Aid form.

DONATION OPTIONS

JustTextGiving

UK Text APFR99

£1-£5 or £10

to 70070

(you can add your name and Gift Aid if eligible by text)

or donate from any country, any amount from £2 here:
https://www.justgiving.com/onedayonepound/

PayPal

To: paypal@investinme.org

Bank Transfer

Bank: Lloyds TSB Heartsease

Sorting code: 77-66-53

Account number: 22439568

Bank Transfer from outside the UK

IBAN: GB63 LOYD 77665322439568

BIC/SWIFT: LOYDGB21E05

Cheque

Send cheques payable to ‘Invest in ME Research’ to:

Invest in ME Research
PO Box 561,
Eastleigh,
Hampshire,
SO50 0GQ

(add Gift Aid to your donation with Invest in ME Research Gift Aid form)​

Attachments

• One Day.jpg
    One Day.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 14

Skippa

Anti-BS
Hello, because you have made it EASY to donate (in my case a SMS number to text) I will be donating.

Can I please first ask: do Invest in ME denounce PACE and "all that other psycho crap"?

Jo Best

PatJ

Forum Support Assistant
it's a small charity run entirely by volunteers working in their own time all year round so there are no staff salaries or overheads.

Donated (more than a single pound, although the CDN to GBP exchange rate is dismal so my donation is cut in half after conversion). Thank you for your hard work and dedication.

Jo Best

what kind of payment options?
Hi @davery options include donating by JustTextGiving if in UK - the code for 'a pound for research' fundraiser is APFR99 followed by the amount £1 texted to 70070 - those text donations are added to the totals on this page on JustGiving: https://www.justgiving.com/onedayonepound

Or PayPal to: paypal@investinme.org

Other options include

Bank Transfer

Bank: Lloyds TSB Heartsease

Sorting code: 77-66-53

Account number: 22439568

Bank Transfer from outside the UK

IBAN: GB63 LOYD 77665322439568

BIC/SWIFT: LOYDGB21E05

Cheque

Send cheques payable to ‘Invest in ME Research’ to:

Invest in ME Research
PO Box 561,
Eastleigh,
Hampshire,
SO50 0GQ

(Gift Aid form to add 25% to donations by UK tax-payers)

Here's their main website: http://www.investinme.org/index.shtml