• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Does vitamin D make anyone else “excited”

I seem to notice a pattern that when I start taking vitamin D, I start to get strange symptoms, mostly intense anxiety and then if I keep taking it Hey Mark increase in heart pounding,

I have tried to to three times now to continue with daily supplementation of vitamin D however it makes me feel this way and whenever I stop I seem to go back to normal

I don’t know if it’s exactly the D but I’m having a pounding heart sensation post coronavirus, and I was megadosing vitamin D about 25,000 UI

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
One brand makes me feel ill--can't remember if I was experiencing what you were as it was several years ago.

Prohealth and fish oil types seem okay though but I have to take with K2 or I get horrible leg cramps. No anxiety or heart pounding with these types.

Also I think because vitamin D is said to be used in so many processes in the body, it may create sudden deficiencies. For me, it created a vitamin C deficiency.

The other thing is that it could be affecting your calcium levels. When I look them up both hyper- and hypocalcemia can cause heart rhythm issues. Hypo is the one that lists anxiety too though. Have you tried eating a calcium rich food when you take it?