• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Does pantothenic acid (B5) 'stimulate' the adrenals?

dannybex

I can't tolerate it -- makes me waaaaay too wired. I'd like to, especially considering a deficiency has been shown to cause hypertension, and mine is indeed too high. But there are other things that can lower BP as well, without the sleep-wrecking effects.

The only things I can think of to counter that would be perhaps Seriphos, or perhaps melatonin.

This isn't medical advice though...best to run it by your medical professional.

And yes, riboflavin has some antihypertensive properties for those homozygous w/ mthfr 677t.

GreenMachineX

@dannybex
I’ll have to look into seriphos. I’ve never heard of it. Melatonin doesn’t really cut it. I take 3mg timed release before bed and then took another 1mg at 3am the other morning and was still up at 5am for no reason. What have you found to work for your blood pressure?

@Gondwanaland
Thanks. I’ll have to try that. Should I take it when I jolt awake at 2am or right before bed?

dannybex

@dannybex
I’ll have to look into seriphos. I’ve never heard of it. Melatonin doesn’t really cut it. I take 3mg timed release before bed and then took another 1mg at 3am the other morning and was still up at 5am for no reason. What have you found to work for your blood pressure?

My new doc wants me to try melatonin drops. Apparently they come in 1 mg drops. He is suggesting I take 1 drop about four hours before bed, then another 3 hours before, then another 2 hours before and one more an hour before. He says it might need adjusting, but should work out so if they're spaced apart like that, then the end result would be 8+ hours of uninterrupted sleep.

Still working on the blood pressure issue.