• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Does everyone use PHOSPHATIDYL SERINE?

keenly

I have NATURES's way phos serine complex

Amount Per Serving %DV
Capric Acid 51mg *
Caprylic Acid 120mg *
Oleic Acid 15mg *
Linoleic Acid 10mg *
Linolenic Acid 85mg *
Palmitic Acid 27mg *
Potassium 3mg *
Stearic Acid 6mg *
Phosphorus 8mg .8%
Phosphatidylserine 100mg *
Phosphatidylcholine 45mg *
Phosphatidylinositol 5mg *
Phosphatidylthenolamine 10mg *

Is this o.k? Its is as recommended by DR YASKO based on my UAA tests.

P

puddleduck

I've taken it temporarily for insomnia. Worked fine for that. Cortisol is a stress hormone, so if it's surging through you at night, you're not gonna sleep.

I had adrenal issues when I took it, but was under the supervision of a healthcare professional. So I guess it can be okay for insomniacs with adrenal issues, depending on their situation. Sleep helps heal the adrenals.

One caveat, Julia Ross, in her book The Mood Cure, warns against taking it for more than a month at a time.

Nielk

My Neurofeedback practitioner recommended it for me for sleep.
He said it should help me because my beta waves are very eratic and this should calm it down.
I started about a month ago on "Sharp Thought" by "Country Life".
It contains conjugated complex of Phosphatidylserine -100 mg * DHA from omega 3 - 6mg

I take one pill in the evening.
It took about two weeks to start working.
Now it helps me fall asleep and stay sleeping till the morning.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
I have taken the "complex" as support for the methylation protocol. I could tolerate only a small dose--I got a dangerous BP reaction when I took a bit more. I think it can affect acetylcholine levels--if I remember correctly.

Sushi