• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Do you have this mDNA variant in your 23andme result? (v5 ship)

pattismith

I wonder if this variant on 23andme is an error in the ship or a real variant.
The significance is unknown though...

1680033794861.png

rs1603223603

1680033983245.png

rs1603223603 RefSNP Report - dbSNP - NCBI (nih.gov)

"Wong Mito Lab, Molecular and Human Genetics, Baylor College of Medici - ClinVar - NCBI (nih.gov)

linusbert

i do not have it.

what tool is this? enlis?
i dont know about enlis, the company seams dead, no updates, no contact. it just seams they have their software running like it was 10 years ago. no maintanence. i do not trust enlis. it shows me things nobody else does and i do not believe it.
also careful with genome version, there is 37 and 38 around. 23andme uses 37 afaik. often the same snp is complately reversed .. so a 37 bad gene could mean a normal 38 gene or around.. if the software does not account for that.

Last edited:

pattismith

i do not have it.

i dont know about enlis, the company seams dead, no updates, no contact. it just seams they have their software running like it was 10 years ago. no maintanence. i do not trust enlis. it shows me things nobody else does and i do not believe it.
also careful with genome version, there is 37 and 38 around. 23andme uses 37 afaik. often the same snp is complately reversed .. so a 37 bad gene could mean a normal 38 gene or around.. if the software does not account for that.
you are right, probably an error from Enlis!

pattismith

i do not have it.

If you want to check your 23andme mitochondrial datas, you can do it yourself if you have some time.

You need to select a mitochondrial gene in your raw datas, and compare your variant with the datas in the mitomap website:

VariantsCoding < MITOMAP < Foswiki