• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

DNA test (RAW DATA) and or Promethease Report?

SWAlexander

If anybody has an ancestry test (I have mine with 23andme.com), can extract the Raw Data and order a small or extensive Promethease Report.
Or can check in the raw data directly if DNA-code is known.
Since doctors don´t like to deal with this, for whatever reason, but I would like to have a specific test, I lay down the groundwork for upcoming med-exams.
Whenever a new scientific report shows new related DNA markers I check if I have any or not.
This is how I found out that I have 80% markers mentioned in this publication: https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fimmu.2020.00578/full
Example: Promethease Report - check for “IL” (Interleukin)
All “IL” Genes come up with a detailed explanation.
Select (only) “bad” and click “Table”
The table allows being converted to a PDF file.
This is what you can print and show at Dr. appointment.
If you have already a DNA test, go to RAW DATA:
(My example from 23andme): enter DNA code and push enter. See example “Cystic fibrosis” take a screenshot and save it as a picture.
This is the first step everybody can find out if they have or have or not a genetic or epigenetic marker.

Attachments

• CFTR.png
    CFTR.png
    72.3 KB · Views: 18
  • IL Interleukin.pdf
    431.3 KB · Views: 15

ChookityPop

I didnt know I got the raw data from health+ ancestry or ancestry+Traits. Im doing this asap.

what is the different between the raw data from 23andme and more expensive whole genome sequencing?

SWAlexander

I didnt know I got the raw data from health+ ancestry or ancestry+Traits. Im doing this asap.

what is the different between the raw data from 23andme and more expensive whole genome sequencing?

If you have 23andme, go to your login and further down to RAW DATA. when the window opens you will see this and click on download. it will send you an email message when your data is ready.
1630676779249.png