• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Different blood pressure readings right/left arm

Avena

My blood pressure readings are quite different on my right vs left side recently. Measured 1 min apart:
Right: 176/149
Left: 128/105

I have recent blood tests: my cholesterol is normal.

Will discuss it with my doc in a few weeks. But until then... Any thoughts? Could this be due to endothelial dysfunction?

Hip

How many times did you measure your blood pressure on each arm?

It's quite common to get spurious readings, if the cuff is not placed properly. So taking several readings is a good idea, then you should see the trend, and will be able to notice any spurious readings that are completely off.

Cuff placement is important, so you might like to consult the manual to see exactly how the cuff should be placed. Usually there is an arrow on the cuff which is supposed to line up with the center of your forearm.